Max and Panther talk about the NBA trades and it’s possible implications.
The Degens then make their plays in the NBA and Max gives us his NHL plays.
Excerpts from Max’s Note:
- NBA Hawks at Celtics There’s a slew of injuries to look out for in this one. Kemba, Jaylen Brown, and Hayward are questionable and Marcus Smart is probable. For the Hawks, they have a bunch of injuries including newly acquired Clint Capela. Boston has won 5 in a row and are 21-5 at home. I’ve bet on them a lot lately and all good things must come to an end. But not tonight. I’m betting Boston.
- Mavs at Wizards Already without Luka, the Mavs now have to wait and see if Porzingis will play today. He suffered a broken nose the other night in their loss to Memphis. It was another home loss for the Mavs but tonight’s game is on the road – where they are 17-7 straight up and 17-5-2 ATS. The Bullets have just 17 wins on the season but 11 of those are at home. The line is indicative of Porzingis’ availability and it’s just too much uncertainty for me. I’ll lean the Bullets here.
- Grizzlies at 76ers The Sixers played last night. On the road. And lost. But now they return home where they are 22-2 straight up. That drops to 13-10-1 ATS and they face a Grizzlies team that has won 4 of 5 and are a decent road team lately. The line is spot on here but I’ll take the fresher team getting points. Sixers win but don’t cover. I’ll bet the Grizzlies.
- Pistons at Thunder The Pistons traded Andre Drummond for a bag of magical beans. Now they face an OKC team that stood pat at the deadline and is ready for a playoff push. Not only do the Pistons not have Drummond, their leading scorer Derek Rose is out with an injury. Detroit has won 2 of 3 but are 3-7 in their last 10. OKC has won 3 in a row and are a decent 16-10 straight up and 14-12 ATS at home. I have this as a 12 point game but it’s a tad too much for me to want to bet. I’ll lean OKC.
- Raptors at Pacers The Raptors have won 12 in a row and the Pacers have lost 3. What do they have in common? The last game in their current streaks were against each other on Wednesday night. Now they head to Indiana where the Pacers hope to get the better of Toronto after that narrow loss. Despite the loss, they did actually cover that one and looking at tonight’s game, the line is pretty accurate but it’s tempting to take Indy at home getting a point. Yeah, I’ll do it. I’ll bet the Pacers.
- Rockets at Suns The small-ball Rockets got it done in LA last night now they head over the Phoenix to play the Suns. They will do so without D’Angelo Russell Wilson Westbrook as he sits out the back to back to manage his load. Houston has won 4 in a row and the Suns have lost 4.
- Heat at Kings Miami lost on the road in LA on Wednesday, dropping them to 12-13 on the road. They continue their road trip in Sacramento tonight and will do so without Jimmy Butler – who is doubtful for today’s game – and Andre Iguodala – who will make his season debut on Monday. The Kings made some moves but nothing too drastic. It’s been a rough and disappointing season for Sacramento but they are coming off a win and are well rested. The Heat have been able to win without Butler but on the road against a talented team like the Kings.
- Trail Blazers at Jazz That gimme on Wednesday against a depleted Denver team? Nope. Utah mucked that one up too. And now they take a 5 game losing streak into tonight’s game against Portland. The Blazers bounced back last night and secured a win against the Spurs. Led by Damian Lillard’s 26, the Blazers had 6 players score double digits. Portland is only 10-17 on the road this year and the line is pretty spot on.
- NHL Ducks at Maple Leafs Toronto is on a 2 game losing streak and is 4-4-2 over their last 10. They are a good home team at 13-7-7 and face a Ducks team that is pretty dreadful on the road. The Leafs still have questions at goalie as Frederik Anderson is doubtful for today’s game. The Leafs did acquire Jack Campbell to be their top backup. After toiling away with the Kings, Campbell might do better on a more talented Leafs team. Still, without Anderson, that could give some value to the Ducks here.
- Sabres at Rangers The Sabres lost in a shootout to the Red Wings last night and now head down to Manhattan to play the Rangers. The Rangers are coming off that good win over the Maple Leafs on Wednesday that improved them to 15-11-2 at MSG. The Rangers might have found a solution behind the net with Igor Shesterkin as he is 4-1 so far in his starts. This one is getting a tad chalky for me and in theory is at the limits of my chalk threshold.
- Red Wings at Blue Jackets The Red Wings got their win last night and now I’m happy. They head to Columbus today to play the red hot Blue Jackets. They are 8-1-1 in their last 10 and are 17-9-2 at home.
- Wild at Stars Minnesota got the win last night but now head to Dallas to face a Stars team that is 16-8-2 at home. The Wild are a solid home team but absolutely horrible on the road.