Excerpts From Max’s Notes:
NFL Week 10 Recap
• Everyone predicted the Saints would lose at home like that, right?
• Just like everyone predicted the Dolphins to win again. Flores is winning with a tin cans and duct tape there.
• Minkah Fitzpatrick is good. He doomed the Rams yesterday.
• Lamar Jackson: MVP
• The Jets won the battle for New Jersey. Guess home field mattered.
• Maybe I need to tone back my Green Bay fraud comments. That said, they barely held on to that one.
• The Bucs and Cardinals put up some points. Arians got the better of his former team.
• Mitch Trubisky had 3 TDs. The World didn’t end.
• Baker Mayfield can get a new mustache. At least for a week.
• Held a Twitter poll yesterday and our followers agreed that the biggest surprise was the Falcons beating the Saints. 73% of the voters were on that one while 18% were on the Dolphins. No one was surprised by the Titans beating the Chiefs and Rez and a few people were surprised by the Steelers beating the Rams.
Seahawks at 49ers
I’ve already waived the white flag for the week in NFL betting. I’m not going to chase a bet because I feel like I need a win. So saying that, I’m betting this game because I feel good about it. Recency will tell you that the Niners struggled to beat the Cardinals in Arizona last week and it’s true. But they were in store for a letdown game mostly because they were looking ahead to this one. Seattle boasts a 7-2 record but many of their wins were close and due to the sensational play of Russell Wilson. In reality, the Seahawks have a ton of issues on their o-line and I don’t know hey they will manage tonight against that vicious Niners defense
Mavs at Celtics
The Celtics found a groove and they will need to find a new one without Gordon Hayward around. After dropping an embarrassing loss to the Knicks, the Mavs bounced back with a nice win over the Grizzlies on Saturday. Dallas is 4-0 on the road this season.
Timberwolves at Pistons
Seeing this at some books at Minnesota +1.5. Before Karl Anthony Towns was suspended, the T-Wolves were rolling. Now, they’ve lost 3 of 4 and their lone win was an OT win over the Warriors. Granted, they lost last night in OT against the Nuggets but it just seems they have lost their rhythm a bit. I look for them to get it back a bit tonight over an inconsistent Pistons team.
Grizzlies at Spurs
Memphis was getting some friendlier lines but after a few blowout losses, Vegas has gone to the extreme. The Spurs, even at home, haven’t looked like a double digit favorite this season. Even against a bottom team like Memphis. They are 1-5 against the spread at home.
Rockets at Pelicans
The Missiles have won and covered 3 straight after dropping to eggs to the Nets and Heat. New Orleans got a win on Saturday night against the Hornets but overall are still a young team that are trying to get some experience and waiting out the return of their top pick.
Jazz at Warriors
The Warriors are losing but not getting blown out each night. The Jazz have won 2 straight but they haven’t been beating teams by a lot. And the Jazz have not faired well on the road this season.
Raptors at Clippers
The Raptors get a back to back in LA. After beating the Lakers last night they get a taste of the Clippers. They also get to see their former teammate Kawhi Leonard. This line seems incredibly high and the money and public are all over the Raptors. This seems bizarre to me.
Senators at Hurricanes
Ottawa has won 3 of 5 including an upset win at home over the Hurricanes on Saturday. The Hurricanes have dropped 4 in a row including two home games to the lowly Devils and Rangers. The Senators are not a very good road team. There’s some value in betting them…
Coyotes at Capitals
This is a nightmare matchup for me. Both teams are the only NHL teams consistently making me money lately. Arizona has lost three close ones in a row and the Capitals haven’t lost in ages.